Thursday, July 24, 2008

Cloth Diapers...

Yes, yes... we are still on the cloth diaper train. We only have 6 diapers right now. They're pretty expensive ($18.95/dipe), so we're buying one here and there. I alternate between cloth and disposable throughout the day. We either hand wash and hang to dry, or if they're stinky/messy we machine wash... I end up doing 1 load of laundry a day.

We have 2 different cloth diaper brands: Happy Heiny's and Bum Genius. I highly recommend the H.H. over the B.G. They're easier to use, protect against leakage hellova lot better, and I like the Velcro closures. He's never leaked or blown out the H.H. They're awesome. B.G. is second best.

We also use washcloths for the cleanup instead of wipes. I found the wipes irritate his little behind. It's better to use just water and a mild soap for the butt-cleaning.

HAPPY HEINY'S

BUN GENIUS

3 comments:

Lynn said...

I'm shocked at the price of diapers! I used to think it was super expensive to buy a dozen cloth diapers for $25.00. But they weren't high tech like these are. I can understand having only 6 of them. Seems like you'd run out, though, every day.

Harlo is looking adorable - looks like he's really strong and alert. Isn't it fun?
Lynn

Reprimanda said...

it's super fun!! he's really strong, and very alert. his eye contact is amazing, and he's laughing now. i just love him so so so so much. motherhood is wonderful.

the cloth diapers are great. i alternate them w/ disposables. they're pretty high tech, which is why they're so expensive: made of micro fleece and some special kind of wool inserts.

the pfaff's said...

way to rock the cloth diapers! I rallied for them for Lucy but alas my stomach proved too weak (or something like that;)

After speaking with Jake yesterday and perusing through our "comments" on old posts I see that you and Jake caught us red handed! A stop in Chico with no adoration of Harlo is simply criminal, and I am no more than a guilty putz. Our stop was actually quite unplanned, en route to Trinity, but nevertheless leaves us without excuse. I hope this does not jeopardize the arranged wedding for the two:)

Harlo sounds like he's becoming a sprightly little fella and we can't wait to meet him. More posts!!