Monday, June 16, 2008

Postpartum

I have my 6 week check up today. Everything feels almost normal, and I'm wondering if my midwife will give me the go-ahead to exercise. The only exercise I've been allowed to do is walk, kegals, and head lifts. I've been walking everywhere and have lost 26 of the 50 pounds I gained during the pregnancy, but I haven't been given permission to vigorously exercise. That means no sit-ups, jogging, bikram yoga-ing, or any other 'indoor sports' (if you know what I mean). Hopefully things have settled where they're supposed to go and I can start taking steps to gaining my pre-pregg body back.

I know I might never look like this again, but I'd sure like to try to get there.



And just because... here's the cutest little sleeper!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such an adorable little guy. Give Jacob a belated Happy Father's Day for me.

Unknown said...

I'm guessing from the hue of the neon that you're in front of Duffys. And if you get back to that size I want you to share your secret with me because my belly still looks about 6 months pregnant.
P.S. Harlo is still cute.

Reprimanda said...

yup yup... duffy's. the place where i spent too many years and dollars.

Lynn said...

You'll be able to get there! It may take a little while, as your body remembers itself, but you can surely be there again with exercise.

That baby is cuter in every picture. It's hard to just let him lay there and sleep, isn't it? I know - sometimes, after a "lung exercise" period, the sleep is the most beautiful thing of all! Still, when he is sleeping you can easily forget the cranky times.